The simplest pledge is one that anyone can do. Learn the Five Signs of Emotional Suffering so you can recognize them in yourself or help a loved one who may be in emotional pain. In short, the Five Signs are personality change, agitation, withdrawal, decline in personal care, and hopelessness. Someone may exhibit one or more signs.
Moreover, a long and growing list of nonprofit organizations and private sector companies are making additional pledges to deliver educational tools and programs that will help change the national conversation about mental health.
- military personnel, veterans, and family members
- corporate employees
- federal, state, and local government employees
- first responders
- students, teachers, school officials, and coaches
- members of the faith-based community
- health care professionals